Make sure to check out Forecasts & Strategies Online!
Mark Skousen’s Forecasts & Strategies, now celebrating more than 30 years, remains one of the most successful investment newsletters in the nation.
Subscribers have benefited from his ability to be on the right side of most of the major trends in the market since its inception in 1980. His most important forecasts include:
1. In 1981, he predicted, “Reaganomics will work!” He recommended selling gold and silver and other inflation hedges, and to buy stocks and bonds. Starting in 1982, a year after Skousen’s prediction, the stock and bond markets started their long-run bull market.
2. In 1987, six weeks before the October 1987 crash, Skousen warned his subscribers, “Get out of stocks now.” He was one of the few advisors to anticipate the crash.
3. In October, 1989, Skousen startled subscribers and investors at a Orlando investment conference by predicting, “The Berlin Wall will be torn down!” In the same conference, he predicted that the Federal deficit would turn into a surplus in the 1990s. Both predicted were greeted with jeers and laughter.
4. In the early 1990s, at the height of skepticism about junk bonds and other high income investments, Skousen began recommending high income investments, and his successful formula for earning high income and capital gains has remained one of the most popular features of his newsletter.
5. Throughout the 1990s, Skousen predicted that the 1990s would turn out to be the best decade ever for the U. S. stock market. In January 1995, Skousen startled his subscribers that predicting, “The Nasdaq will double and then double again.” Nasdaq was at 750 at the time and closed the decade over 3,000.
6. Although he did not give an all-out sell signal on the stock market and the Nasdaq in 2000, Skousen warned investors of an impending bubble in internet stocks, based on his unique “Austrian” theory of the business cycle. He noted that under Greenspan, the Fed engaged in an “easy credit” policy that created an “irrational exhuberance” on Wall Street. One of his regrets is that when the market did collapse in 2000, he did not give a sell signal. However, he did recommend a high position in income investments during this time.
7. In June, 2001, three months before the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States, Skousen warned subscribers of the growing threat of terrorism from Middle East extremists.
8. In his April, 2003, issue, Skousen gave a strong “buy signal” on the stock market, very close to the bottom of the market. At this time, he also introduced the Anti-Terrorist Portfolio, which has been remarkably profitable so far.
9. In his January 2004 issue, Skousen predicted “2004, an election year, will be a tough year for the market.”
10. In the height of the 2009 economic woes, he predicted the Dow would hit 10,000 by the end of 2009, and was right!
Forecasts & Strategies offers several services:
1. The monthly issue offers an analysis of the global and U. S. economy from his unique status as a Ph. D. economist who uses the Austrian and Chicago schools of economics to make forecasts about the economy, interest rates, inflation, the dollar, and what sectors of the market should do well.
2. Each issues continues specific recommendations in individual stocks, mutual funds, income investments, precious metals, real estate, and foreign investments.
3. Every Monday at noon, Skousen does an updated “hotline” which is available by telephone and on his website, www.markskousen.com.
4. Skousen now offers several separate higher priced services, Skousen Hedge Fund Trader, Skousen High-Income Alert, and Hot Commodities Alert, weekly short-term trading services in stocks, both long and short, and call and put options, hedgefunds and great bargain stocks. For more information on this unique way to profit from the markets, whether they are going up or down, go to www.markskousen.com.
5. Skousen travels regularly to investment conferences and to foreign countries to speak and do research. He meets regularly with his subscribers to find out what their needs are. He has been to every state in the union and 70 countries.
6. Skousen has taught at the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University, and is author of over 20 books on economic and financial topics. His most successful book recently is The Making of Modern Economics, now translated into five languages.
7. Grantham University recently named its business school the “Mark Skousen School of Business,” in honor of his many accomplishments.
8. His book, The Making of Modern Economics, was just named 2009 Choice Outstanding Academic Title. The principles in that book are the same Skousen uses to make his insightful and profitable calls on the stock market.
To find out more about Mark Skousen’s Forecasts & Strategies
Click here: www.markskousen.com or call: 1-800-211-7661