THE MAXIMS OF WALL STREET – New! Fourth Edition!
A Compilation of Financial Adages, Ancient Proverbs, and Worldly Wisdom
For nearly 30 years, financial economist and investment writer Mark Skousen have been collecting all the old wise adages, proverbs, and legends on Wall Street, based on in-depth interviews with old timers, reading rare financial books, and his own experiences in the financial markets. (He has been writing Forecasts & Strategies since 1980, when President Reagan was elected.)
Maxims of Wall Street has become a classic reference that you will read with delight for years to come, and an ideal gift to investors, stockbrokers and money managers.
Maxims of Wall Street is the closest thing to Wall Street scripture ever created. The work contains:
- Over 800 adages, by such notables as Warren Buffett (“If you wait to see the Robin sing, Spring may be over”)….J. P. Morgan (“Troubled waters make for good fishing”)….Humphrey Neill (“The public is right during the trends but wrong at both ends”)…. Richard Russell (“In a bear market, the winner is he who loses the least”)….and Steve Forbes (“Everybody is a long-term investor until the market goes down”).
- Old Timer’s stories like the “trading sardines”…..where are the customer’s yachts?…..the gold bugs…..commodity traders…..The origin of “blue sky”…
- Famous lines from Baron Rothschild, Ben Franklin, John D. Rockefeller, Joe Kennedy, J. P. Morgan, Bernard Baruch, John Templeton, Jesse Livermore, John Maynard Keynes, Ben Graham….
- Sage advice on beating the market, diversification vs. concentration, value vs. growth, bulls vs. bears…..black swan events…..day traders…. doomsdayers and casandras….plungers and the peakcocks….hot tips and insider information….Losing money and missed opportunities…Wall Street vs. Main Street…chartists vs. fundamentalists….leverage and debt….privacy and government….taxes and tax havens….
- Inspirations like “Rich Man’s Pearls of Wisdom”…and intriguing short stories such as “The Extra-Ordinary Life of Warren G. Hardaway.”
- Quotes from the profound to the profane: “Nobody is more bearish than a sold-out bull” and “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed is king”….“To err is human, but to be paid for it divine” and “Definition of obscene profits — something you always hear about but never experience yourself.”
“A crash course in how to survive and profit in today’s volatile markets — destined to be a classic reference bible by stockbrokers and investors alike.” — Alexander Green, Chief Investment Strategies, Oxford Club Communique
“A treasure chest of sound financial advice.” — Richard Band’s Profitable Investing
HOW TO ORDER AT A SPECIAL DISCOUNT
Maxims of Wall Street is 300-pages long, published handsomely in a special limited edition in leather in money green and gold lettering. It makes a great gift during the holidays for friends, relatives, investors, stockbrokers, and money managers. We have arranged a special discount pricing with the publisher if you want to order multiple copies:
1 copy is $20 plus $5 S&H ($25.00)
All additional copies, $10 each, free shipping (within continental US)
You can order by check (sent directly to Skousen Publishing Co., PO Box 229, Irvington, NY 10533) or by credit card (call Ensign Publishing toll-free at 1-866-254-2057 or go to www.miracleofamerica.com/ma
Please Note: Maxims of Wall Street is also available on Amazon.com, but not at the discount offered above. If you want the special publisher’s discount, order using the information above. If you prefer to use Amazon to order, click here.